These crepes are:
- 4 clean ingredients
- High Protein
- Low Carb
- Sweet OR Savory
- Single Serving
You won’t believe how easy. The 4 easy ingredients are:
- 2 Tbsp. Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Almond flour/meal
- 1 tsp ground flax seed
- 2 eggs
- Blend everything in a blender or with a hand blender.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add some cocount oil
- Pour the batter onto the pan. It should be thin enough that you don’t need to flip it. Wait 5 – 10 minutes. Watch it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Fill with toppings of choice, fold over twice, and serve!
Here were my filling recommendations:
- Savory: roasted asparagus and mushrooms, fresh Buffalo Mozzarella cheese
- Sweet: Frozen blueberries, banana, almond butter, cinnamon, and a honey drizzle on top!
I know what you’re thinking…. but before you chuck this idea, hear me out. Every chance you have to eat vegetables is a chance to better your body, your overall health, and keep you disease-free.
Zucchinis are a low-calorie vegtable with a TON of nutritional benefits, and not a ton of taste. By adding this green veggie to your oatmeal, you add:
- Maganese (bone production, controls blood sugar levels)
- Vitamin C (protects your cells, anti-inflammatory)
- Magnesium (reduces heart diease + stroke)
- Vitamin A
- And so much more – feel free to do more research!
So, it seems like a no-brainer to me to add some zukes to your oatmeal, if you have any on hand!
How to: Simply grate up Zucchini and add to your oatmeal, and cook like you otherwise would.
This is how I personally like to do it:
- Add 1/3 C quick oats, 1/3 C almond milk, 1/3 C water, and 1/2 grated zucchini to a bowl.
- Mix and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add 1 T chia seeds, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and top with some almond or peanut butter. I also love to add coconut flakes.
- Mix it all up and enjoy your high-fiber, nutrient-dense, delicious breakfast!