Homemade nut milk is beneficial for so many reasons, one being all the possible recipes you can make with the leftover nut pulp! Crackers, hummus, pizza crusts… and energy balls of course!
These Sticky Protein bites are made with the leftover Cashew pulp from homemade Cashew milk. I used my Ellie’s Best nut milk bag to strain out all the liquid I could, then put the pulp directly in my food processor – no need to dry out or cook! They have been nice enough to offer you all a code: granoladiaries for a discount on your Ellie’s Best bag!
Once I had the pulp in the food processor, simply add all the ingredients, process, roll, cool, and eat! So simple.
Don’t forget to tag me and use #granoladiaries on your creations – I love seeing you recreate my recipes! 🙂
- Leftover cashew pulp from making homemade cashew milk
- 1/4 C coconut flakes
- 2 T almond butter
- 2 T cacao nibs
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 scoops protein powder of choice
- Cinnamon, salt
- Make homemade nut milk and use leftover strained pulp. No need to dry it out! Otherwise, use about 1/3 cup of nuts. You may need to add more liquid if you are not using pulp.
- Soak 2 dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until combined.
- Mixture should be sticky. If *too* sticky, add more protein powder. If too dry, add some nut milk.
- Roll into balls and pop in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour!