This is one of my all-time favorite recipes! Robbie begs me to make it every week. He actually came up with the name for this blog, and he named it after this recipe.
It is crazy easy to throw together, and makes your whole house smell amazing. The recipe can be adapted for any nuts/seeds you prefer, as long as you keep the wet to dry ratio in tact.
I wouldn’t skip the Coconut flakes though. I know some people don’t like coconut flavor, but they like it in this granola – just trust me on this one!
- 1/2 Cup of EACH:
- slivered Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Coconut flakes (HEAPING!)
- 1/2 Cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 dates, chopped up
- 2 – 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 – 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients, except the dates.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Start with lesser amounts of each.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry, and mix around. Everything should be coated nicely. If the mixture seems too dry, add another 1/2 tbsp. of oil and/or maple syrup until everything is nicely coated.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a baking sheet. If you like large clumps, make sure everything is tightly packed, like one large granola “sheet”.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the granola sit another 10 minutes inside.
- Remove from the oven and add chopped dates.
- Enjoy warm right away, or allow to cool and become crunchy (I prefer crunchy!)
Enjoy in your yogurt bowls all week long! (If this actually lasts you a week…)