No Bake Superfood Banana Bread Bites
The inspiration from these came from a mix of 2 things: 1. Craving banana bread and not wanting to turn on my oven in the summer in my non-air conditioned apartment, and 2. an Instagram post from @Shutthekaleup that included a banana in a raw bite recipe. I simplified the ingredient list and cut down on sugar and nut butter to make these a bit lighter!
These bites are chewy and satisfying without leaving you feeling weighed down. They are packed with so much goodness in a small bite, and have all the delicious flavors of banana bread! If you are looking for a more traditional banana bread, I recommend my gluten-free 5-ingredient blender banana bread. I have many “non-bakers” tell me it is completely foolproof!
Packed with so many super foods: Cacao, Hemp, Maca, Oats, Banana, Coconut Oil, Almonds, Cinnamon. –> Those are actually all the ingredients, and they are all superfoods in my opinion.
Don’t forget to tag me and use #granoladiaries in your recreations!
- 3/4 C Rolled Oats
- 1 Ripe Banana (brown spots)
- 1/4 C Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 1 Tbsp Hemp hearts
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 Tsp Coconut Oil
- Cinnamon to taste
- Optional: Chocolate chips or topping of choice.
- Blend everything in food processor until well combined. Up to you if you want it completely smooth or if you like a bit of texture! (I personally like leaving a little texture).
- Spoon into silicone muffin/ice cube tray or any dish really, and pop in freezer to firm up for at least 1 hour. (Optional: pop some chocolate chips on top!)
- Let thaw for about 5 minutes before enjoying. Store in fridge for ~5 days or freezer for longer, enjoy!