Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 lb. medium carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 – 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 – 2 tbsp oil (I recommend coconut)
- 2 – 4 cups broth (or can sub. water)
- Salt, pepper, and spices of your choice!
- Dice up onions and carrots
- Over medium heat, add the oil, onions and carrots to the pot with some salt. Allow the onions to sweat and become soft, take care not to burn. This should take 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add the minced ginger, 2 cups of Broth, and some salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, and cover until carrots are soft. This should take about 20 minutes, start checking after ~18.
- When carrots are softened, blend soup with an immersion blender. I like mine a little chunky, but if you want yours smoother, simply blend for longer. Add salt + pepper to taste. If you want to spice it up more, feel free to try adding some curry powder, cayenne, or red pepper flakes!
- Serve hot, with fresh parsley. I also love adding a scoop of Greek yogurt on top!