This Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is one of my favorite recipes on the blog. It's gluten free and refined sugar free, and you can make substitutions to make it dairy free or even vegan!
This is a healthy cookie recipe that EVERYONE will love. You don't need to be Gluten Free!
These cookies come together in a matter of minutes and only take 11 minutes to bake, so your active + baking time is really less than 20 minutes start to finish. (Woah!)
BUT... but... you need to chill the dough. So, we are going to add some time in for that. Therefore, I'm not going to call these "20 Minute Cookies", even though that would be a great name.
More like 20 Minute + Chill cookies.
Still, this is a relatively very quick cookie recipe.
*drools on keyboard*
I mean, do these cookies even LOOK gluten free and healthy and full of Omega-3s?!
How are these beautiful nuggets this gorgeous, delicious, and healthy????!!!!!
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are gooey, chewy, and basically the perfect texture - AND they are flourless! HOW?!?
I personally think a big winner in this recipe is the grass-fed butter.
If you are dairy free or prefer to avoid butter, you can sub in coconut oil. The taste will be slightly different (more coconut oil-y, less butter-y, duh), but the cookies will still be amazing!
BUT, Ghee or Grass Fed butter, are amazing options too.
If you want to learn more about what makes "Grass Fed" butter different, I highly, highly recommend this book. It'll change your whole outlook on food! (Affiliate link, but I truly could not recommend it enough).
FYI: Ghee is clarified butter does not contain lactose, either, so if that's what usually upsets you from dairy, try out ghee!
So, let's be real. While these cookies are "healthy", they are not secretly jam packed with "superfoods" like turmeric like in these breakfast cookies, or secret veggies like these Beet Cacao cookies.
They do contain almonds and almond butter, which are awesome powerhouse ingredients.
But, they also contain coconut sugar (lower GI and more health benefits than white sugar) and butter, which should be consumed in moderation. They are healthier than regular Chocolate Chip Cookies for sure, but you are the own judge of what "healthy" means to you!
Have something delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and save these cookies as your dessert or snack!
LOOK AT THAT BITE!
Pin this recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies for later!
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter / Ghee / Coconut Oil
- ¾ C Coconut Sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C (heaping) Creamy, drippy, almond butter (I like this one)
- 1 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt, plus more sea salt for topping
- Heaping handful of chocolate chips
- Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. It should be partially melted, partially solid. Add to a bowl with the coconut sugar and beat with a hand mixer on medium for about 1 minute until well combined. Or beat vigorously with a fork.
- Add egg and vanilla and combine. Lastly, add the almond butter and beat one last time until everything is combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients (besides the chocolate chips) and fold everything together with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place dough in fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When ready to make cookies, preheat oven to 350. Dough will be quite hard, roll into ~ 1 inch balls, press down slightly, and add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- Did you make em? SHOW ME on Instagram and Facebook using #TheGranolaDiaries. Nothing makes me happier!!!
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness
No way! These cookies look so good! I think I need to go out and buy some coconut sugar!
Yes you do!!!!
I used coconut oil and subbed in PB for almond butter because that’s what I had. I also didn’t have vanilla extract, so I know it isn’t as good as it could be. I also did not chill it. I had mega PMS cravings, so I rolled them in balls and used a fork to press them down like for PB cookies. They turned out really good! I didn’t even bother putting extra chocolate chips on all of them. Yum!
These look so good!!!!
I need to make these
I’m going to make these today! I’ll let you know how it goes!
Yay!!! Let me know how they turn out!
LOVE these!! Guilt free indulgence for my family and the kids love placing the chocolate chips on top! Busy mom's Quick tip - I love to freeze the dough in portions, and bake in my toaster (on tray, sprayed foil beneath) (convection oven turbo setting) for a super quick and easy dessert!
Thank you so much, Hannah! Love the quick tip, too!!! So happy you and your kids enjoy these delicious healthy cookies.
My 12 year old daughter loves to bake so she wanted to make something to celebrate her dad getting home from a business trip. We try to eat mostly Paleo, so she chose this recipe and it was AMAZING!!! Because we had limited time to chill the dough and based on the ingredients we had on hand, she substituted a Paleo flour blend for the coconut flour and then added about half a cup of raw, unsweetened coconut flakes to the batter to make it thicken faster in the cold (freezer for 30 min stirring halfway through). We used coconut oil for the fat as well and they turned out as if a chocolate chip cookie and a Girl Scout Samoa had a baby. Amazing!!! Literally can’t believe these are the more nutritious option because they are so decadent!!!
What an awesome comment! Your 12 year old is quite the intuitive baker - love all the creativity and swaps! This sounds delicious. So glad you all enjoyed!