I know there is an overwhelming amount of pumpkin recipes out there right now, (I know, I’m guilty myself: these paleo pumpkin cookies, pumpkin turmeric breakfast cookies, and pumpkin peanut-butter freezer fudge), but trust me when I say THIS IS THE BEST ONE. If you are only going to make one pumpkin-inspired recipe this season, I highly recommend it be this one.
Why this one?
- Only 5 ingredients
- Super easy to make, almost impossible to mess up actually
- Can eat for breakfast OR snack OR dessert, so it’s very multi-functional
- Its gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free, so you won’t have any slumps after you eat a piece (or 5)
- The gorgeous orange color will make you happy
- Your home will smell amazing while it bakes
- Do you really need more convincing?
This recipe is adapted from my 5-ingredient Blender Banana Bread, subbing out the banana for pumpkin. If you are more of a banana lover, I recommend you check that recipe out!
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 2 eggs, at room temperature (can sub flax eggs)
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (Optional. If prefer totally sugar-free, leave out!)
- 2 C Oats, ground into a flour-like consistency
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (if you don’t have, use nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, or more cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×5 loaf pan.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add oat flour, baking soda, and spices into bowl and fold into wet mixture. I like to use a Silicone Spatula for this.
- If using add-ins, (I used walnuts and chocolate chips in the photos), fold them into the batter once its all combined.
- Pour into loaf dish, top with some more add-ins for presentation, and bake for 25 – 27 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean.