Energy balls are the best! They are super easy to make, satisfy your sweet tooth, and can fuel your body with a healthy, energizing snack without the crash. But a ton of these energy ball recipes are based with dates, or add a ton of maple syrup/honey to sweeten them. While I love these natural forms of sugar (in moderation), sometimes your body needs a totally sugar-free treat.
These bites are super rich and creamy from the cashews and peanut butter, you don't even notice the missing sugar! The Chia seeds give you a boost of energy while the fats from the nuts and coconut will keep you satisfied.
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1 T Chia seeds
- ½ Cup Chunky peanut butter - all natural and liquidy
- ½ Cup oats (GF if needed)
- ¼ Cup Coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder*
- Cinnamon, to taste
*Make sure you are using pure Vanilla Extract, and not imitation Vanilla Flavor/extract, which is often full of additives and unwanted ingredients such as Corn Syrup and Sugar.
The McCormick Premium Imitation Vanilla Extract ingredients are: Water, Alcohol (26%), Natural Flavorings (Including Extractives Of Cocoa And Extractives Of Tea), Vanillin And Other Artificial Flavorings, Corn Syrup, And Caramel Color.
- Put everything except for cacao nibs in food processor and process for ~1- 2 minutes. It should go from something resembling rice to something more sticky
- Add in cacao nibs and pulse again.
- Roll into bite size balls and pop in the freezer/fridge to firm up. If you put them in freezer, let them thaw for about 1 minute before enjoying!
- Post a photo of yours on Instagram, don't forget to tag me @thegranoladiaries and use #thegranoladiaries so I can see your creations!