Calling all Kosher for Passover / Paleo / Gluten-Free bread lovers – this recipe is for you!!!
This recipe is very closely adapted from Talullah Alexandra’s Grain Free Almond Coconut bread, and I must give her all the credit!
Anyways, this bread is fantastic. My favorite part is how simple it was to make. I thought making a bread like this would take hours and many, convoluted steps; I could not have been more wrong. The recipe is simple, calls for mostly pantry staples, and takes less than an hour start to finish!
So let’s get to it. You will need:
- 1.5 C Almond Flour*
- 1/4 C ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Maple Syrup
- Seeds to top. I used Pumpkin and hemp seeds.
*If you don’t have almond flour, simply grind up some almonds in your food processor. Make sure you measure AFTER you have process into a flour!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients together: almond flour, flax seed, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in eggs, coconut oil, ACV, and maple syrup. If you have just melted the coconut oil, make sure it has come back to room temperature before adding – if its still hot, it may cook the eggs!
- Stir everything until just incorporated. Don’t overstir!
- Pour into loaf pan, top with 1 – 2 tbsp. of hemp seeds, pepitas, and seeds of choice. Bake for 38 minutes.
- Remove from oven, but do not try to eat just yet! Let the bread come to room temperate, then remove from pan, and slice into it and enjoy!