These banana muffins are a perfect snack, or healthy enough for breakfast too, full of good nutrients and protein to keep you full. Plus, they are completely free of wheat, gluten, refined sugar, and anything bad! Sweetened ONLY with natural fruit sugars from the banana; no honey, maple syrup, none of those natural alternatives here!
That said, without the added sugars, they are certainly not as sweet as your typical muffin. If you are new to healthy eating, I might suggest you ease your way into these muffins – try this super simple banana bread, sweetened with maple syrup! Or, you can add in chocolate chips if you really have a sweet tooth.
If you like adding Bananas to greek yogurt as a snack, this kind of tastes like that – in muffin form. Let me know what you think – don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and usse #granoladiaries so I can see your wonderful creations!
- 1 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 very ripe medium (or large) banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 C 2% plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds, divided
- Optional toppings: Granola
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12-muffin tin with coconut oil spray.
- Blend all dry ingredients in blender, until oats resemble flour. Set aside in a bowl
- Blend all wet ingredients in blender until combined. Looks like a yellow smoothie.
- Pour the dry mixture and 1tbsp. of hemp seeds back into the blender. Give everything a mix, and then blend until all combined. (Depending on the strength of your blender, you may need to stop, mix, and re-blend a few times!)
- Pour mixture into 12 muffins. Top with remaining tablespoon of hemp seeds. Top with some granola or toppings of your choice as well, if desired. Bake for 13 – 15 minutes, until fork/knife inserted comes out clean.
- Tag me @thegranoladiaries and show me your muffins on Instagram!