Pin the recipe for these Oat Bran Banana Muffins for later!
Who knew BRAN muffins could be so tasty. I certainly did not! These Oat Bran Banana Muffins are so delicious, and shockingly low in sugar, naturally gluten free, and vegan. PLUS, I promise they taste nothing like the Bran Muffins you probably tried as a kid…
What exactly is Oat Bran?!
It is made up from the outer shell of the oat grain. When you eat rolled oats, in contrast, you are eating the entire grain. While both nutritious, oat bran packs much more magnesium, phosphorus and potassium than whole oats. It’s also amazingly high in fiber, protein, and selenium. And it tastes delicious in this Oat Bran Banana Muffin recipe!
These Oat Bran Banana muffins made a perfect breakfast on-the-go for those with busy mornings.
- Oat Bran: Full of fiber and protein to keep you full
- Oat Flour (ground whole oats): Control blood sugar levels. And more fiber!
- Flax seed: Packed with Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are the “good” fats that have heart-healthy benefits
- Banana: Potassium, magnesium, and tons more nutrients!
- Chocolate: Boosts your brain power. Breakfast superfood. Science proved it.
And they come together in a matter of minutes, using only 7 ingredients. I have never baked with Oat Bran before these muffins, and I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised by how delicious these tasted, and also how filling they are! If you only have Wheat Bran on hand, I think you could sub that, though they would no longer be gluten free.
If you don’t want to add chocolate chips, these are still delicious without them, though obviously less sweet. Chopped walnuts also add a great texture option!
If you are looking some more fun muffin or banana recipes, check these out: