Sunday morning calls for pancakes. So does every morning actually, but if you only have time on the weekend, these are the pancakes you should make. And they take less than 5 minutes to whip up!
They are made from a base of oat “flour”, (aka ground up oats), so they are naturally gluten free, flourless, and have tons a nutritional benefits like fiber, manganese, magnesium, zinc, and a healthy balance of carbs and protein to fuel your day!
If you love starting your day with oats already, this baked banana bread oatmeal and these sugarless breakfast zuchinni muffins (Vegan too!) are also delicious breakfast goodies that use oat flour as a base!
Besides the oats, the other key ingredients in these are Greek yogurt (extra protein, calcium, & probitoics!) and almond milk. If you are vegan, feel free to sub cashew or coconut yogurt. If you love dairy, feel free to sub regular milk for the almond milk. I think 2% would work better than skim.
IT’S SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIIIIIEEEE!!!
(If you don’t get it, see here.)
The Healthiest Fluffiest Blueberry Pancakes (Makes ~ 10 – 13)
By The Granola Diaries
- 2 Cups oat flour (See notes)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Generous dashes of salt & cinnamon
- 200 G Plain Greek yogurt (~ 1 single serving standard size)
- 2 Cups Plain almond milk, divided
- 1 egg or flax egg
- Dash of vanilla (~1 tsp) and maple syrup (~1 Tbsp)
- Chocolate chips, optional
- ~1 C Blueberries (or any berry), fresh or frozen
- Make flax egg if using, and set in fridge to set.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to a large bowl. Combine well.
- Make a well in the middle of the oat flour mixture and add yogurt, 1 C of milk, egg, and stir to combine everything. Add vanilla and maple syrup and stir again. Gently fold in any berries or chocolate chips.
- If mixture seems too thick, add a bit of remaining almond milk. You may need to do this as you cook in batches, since the batter will thicken while it sits.
- Heat a skillet with high heat oil or coconut oil and make the pancakes, about 1/4 – 1/3 C at a time. Cook for 2 – 3 min per side, then flip for 1 – 2 more min.
- Serve warm with some maple syrup / almond butter / more yogurt!
- Did you make these? SHOW ME on Instagram and Facebook using #TheGranolaDiaries. Nothing makes me happier!!!
Notes: If you don’t have oat flour, simply grind rolled oats in a blender or food processor until you achieve a flourlike consistency. Voila!