The perfect make ahead breakfast or snack!
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Flax seeds (can sub Chia)
- 2.5 Medium ripe bananas (or 2 large), plus 1/2 for topping
- 3/4 C Almond milk
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Oats*
- 1 Cup Oat Flour**
- 1/4 C unsweetened desiccated coconut (optional, for my coconut-hating fam members!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional add-ins: chopped walnuts, almonds, pepitas, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, nut butter drizzle (highly recommend!)
*Use certified Gluten-free if necessary
**Simply grind oats in your blender or food processor until resembles a flour.
- Oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch cake pan or skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Make flax eggs: mix 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp warm water. Stir and let sit in fridge for 10 minutes while you prep.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with the back of your fork until you get liquid-y texture.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, and flax egg (once ready), and whisk.
- Now add oats, oat flour, cinnamon, coconut and baking powder on top. Try to give the dry ingredients a mix with each other before folding into the banana mixture. Fold in any other add-ins of your choice
- Pour batter into pan, top with additional banana slices and toppings of your choice, and bake for 30 – 35 min, depending how “mushy” you like it.