So many loaf recipes, so little time...
My personal favorite is simple: a classic Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. And in the fall, I just crave anything Pumpkin so my 5-ingredient Pumpkin Loaf always hits the spot. But year round, this one is The Boy's favorite. It's chocolate and pumpkin and gooey goodness all hit the spot.
I think it's also his favorite because he tends to like his breads and desserts a little on the undercooked side. And since these are Vegan, its ok to under cook them a little, if you like you treats a little fudgy and super moist.
ANNNND, since this is basically made with just oats and pumpkin, aka a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit, and some cacao for anti-oxidants, and a touch of oil for healthy fats, these slices are basically breakfast on the go.
This recipe also works deliciously as sqaures, if you are more into a healthy brownie-type of treat, with a few minor tweaks. Check out that recipe here!
FUDGY PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE LOAF
By The Granola Diaries
You will need:
- 1 Can Pumpkin
- ¼ C Squash Puree/More Pumpkin/Applesauce OR 1 Mashed Banana
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- Optional: 2 - 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup, to desired sweetness
- 2 Cups Oat flour
- ½ C Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Small handful of pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan.
- Mix pumpkin, coconut oil, and spices. Also stir in maple syrup if you want to use it.
- Add dry ingredients: oat flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Stir until all combined. Fold in chocolate chips and seeds. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour into greased loaf pan, topping with more mix-ins. Bake for 28 - 30 minutes as a loaf, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Note: The recipe is naturally vegan so if you like an almost raw texture, bake for less time. For a firmer texture, bake for longer. Tag me and use #thegranoladiaries in your recipe recreations on Instagram and Facebook!