5K Followers on Instagram, yippeee!
What a perfect recipe to celebrate: Mini Paleo Pumpkin Pies! With a delightful streusal topping.
It can be a challenge to "healthify" certain treats. mostly cakes and cookies, but Pumpkin Pie isn't too unhealthy to begin with! The main ingredient is PUMPKIN, which is a crazy healthy superfood. Just Google the health benefits of Pumpkin if you aren't already aware and you might be blown away.
Now while Pumpkin is healthy, traditional pumpkin pie can still be laden with refined sugars, processed butter, and other nutrient-less ingredients. But they really don't add that much to the main flavor star, which is the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spices! So, omitting them is really quite simple.
I'm sure this recipe could be adapted to be a more traditional pie too, but the mini aspect is also perfect for easy sharing, portion control, and just general cuteness! I love my mini muffin tin - if you don't have one, I highly recommend it. I love making mini banana muffins out of my 5-ingredient banana bread recipe (and the chocolate version too!) as the perfect snack when I'm not really hungry but I just want something sweet!
Mini Paleo Pumpkin Pies
By The Granola Diaries
- ½ C Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- Water, as needed
- ¾ C Pumpkin Puree
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Maple Syrup)
- 3 - 4 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pumkin pie spice and cinnamon to taste
- Dash of salt
- Leftover crust
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, soft but not melted
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Coconut sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a mini muffin tin with liners, and spray them.
- Make crust: Mix almond flour and melted coconut oil. If mixture seems really dry, add ½ tbsp water at a time. The mixture should stick together when you pinch it. Wet fingers and press about ½ tsp of the crumb mixture into muffin liners. Bake for 4 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, mix the pumpkin puree and all filling ingredients in a bowl, adding coconut flour last.
- Make the streusal: Mix coconut oil with the leftover crust mixure. Add a generous dash of each cinnamon and coconut sugar. Adjust to taste.
- Add about 1 heaping Tbsp of the filling into each muffin and top with streusal. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy warm or refrigerate for later - these are great cold, or the next day!
Tag me in your recipe recreations and spread the love on Instagram @thegranoladiaries!
Leave a Reply