The $h!t is bananas. Actually, its THIS banana bread, to be exact! For anyone who is intimidated by either: healthy baking, or making banana bread at all, this is the perfect recipe for you to try! It is only 5 simple ingredients you probably have on hand, plus you can customize it with any mix-ins of your choice. You can also make the entire loaf in a blender – so you don’t need to worry about mixing, or owning a fancy Kitchenaid mixer.
Don’t forget to tag me and use #thegranoladiaries in your recipe creations – I love seeing you make my recipes!
- 2 Cups Rolled oats (use certified GF if necessary)
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 3.5 Medium, ripe & spotty bananas. (Or 2.5 large)
- 3 – 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Optional enhancements: Dash of salt, cinnamon, chocolate chips, walnuts, cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Blend oats and baking soda in blender until flour-like consistency achieved. Set aside in a bowl.
OPTIONAL (Recommended): Add a dash of salt and cinnamon to your oat flour and mix in.
- Add to blender: 3 Medium (or 2 large) bananas, 2 eggs, and Maple syrup, to your desired sweetness. Blend until everything is combined.
- To combine the wet and the dry, either:
- Pour the oat flour back into the blender and blend again, until everything is combined.
- Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with oat flour and give it a mix with your hands.
- If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips, stir them in. Pour your batter into your loaf pan.
- Take the remaining ½ banana and slice lengthwise, place on top of the bread.
- Bake for 23 – 25 minutes, until knife/toothpick inserted comes out clean.