The Holidays are hereeeee!
This Paleo Apple cake is the perfect addition to your Holiday recipe rotation.
- Serve as a light-er desert after a big holiday feast
- Enjoy as a nice breakfast with lots of warming, holiday-feely spices
- Eat as a snack with some hot cocoa while snuggling on the couch
So many possibilities!
Plus, its super HEALTHY!!!
- Applesauce – high fiber, natural sweetener, anti-inflammatory
- Molasses – iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium
- Coconut Flour – high fiber, low-carb
- Ginger – Anti-inflammatory, anti-nauseant, good for indigestion and treating menstrual cramps
…and these are just the main of the all the natural ingredients.
The “Streusal” is probably my favorite part. It is by no means a conventional streusal/crumb topping, but it definitely adds some great bites of flavor and interesting texture to the bread. Normally I would say someehing like this is option, but it’s basically just chopped apples and pecans, plus some spices to taste. It couldn’t be any easier and it adds so much! Feel free to sub walnuts or almonds if you don’t have pecans.
Paleo Apple Gingerbread Loaf with Pecan Streusal
By The Granola Diaries
- 1/2 C Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Applesauce – no sugar added
- 3 Tbsp molasses (can sub maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Apple chunks, cut in 1cm small pieces. (About 1/2 a large honeycrisp)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 – 2 Tbsp apple chunks
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and 8×5″ loaf pan with coconut oil or parchment paper.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls, then stir the dry into the wet, folding together with a spatula, until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in apple chunks.
- Make the streusel: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust spices to your preference.
- Pour batter into pan, top with streusal, and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour. Allow to cool completely before cutting or it will be crumbly. Don’t forget to tag me @thegranoladiaries and use #TheGranolaDiaries on Instagram and Facebook!