Happy first week of fall!!! You know what that means: you are about to see pumpkin recipes popping up everywhere.
While the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is packed with sugar and known as not being the healthiest drink, don't let that deter you from Pumpkin all together. Pumpkin is an incredibly healthy food, with so many benefits. Adding it to your soups, smoothies, and baked goods will make for an incredibly nutritious and delicious fall!
Among the health benefits of pumpkin:
- Fiber ( feel full, heart-healthy)
- Vitamin A (good for vision)
- Beta-carotene (cancer-fighting properties, keep skin young and healthy)
- Vitamin C
PALEO PUMPKIN COOKIES
By The Granola Diaries
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 heaping tbsp cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ C pumpkin puree
- 2 C almond flour, preferably blanched
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ C chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, or other mix-in of your choice
- Mix all wet ingredients (eggs through pumpkin puree) in a bowl. Add the almond flour, baking soda, spices, and mix to combine. Fold in any add-ins.
- Refrigerate for ~10 minutes since dough will be very sticky. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet.
- Form balls and flatten onto cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. If you like softer cookies, remove and let cool. For a crispier cookie, let the cookies sit in the oven (off) for about 5 - 10 more minutes.
Don't forget to tag me and use @thegranoladiaries to show me your recreations on Instagram!
- Blanched almond flour will give a much smoother cookie. I used almond meal in the cookies in the photos, and you can see they have a bit more of a "grainy" texture.
- These are not as sweet as traditional cookies. If you are looking for a sweeter cookie, add more maple syrup (1 - 2 Tbsp), or a few tbsp. of coconut sugar.
Do these work with any other type of flour? I am allergic to almonds, so almond flour won’t work for me 😭
You could try Oat Flour or a 1:1 Gluten Free Flour, or regular flour, if you are not gluten free!