I have been making a LOT of banana breads recipes and needed to change it up. These zucchini muffins are the perfect zucchini season treat!
Oats, almond milk, flax seed, almond butter, zucchini... the ingredients are basically the exact same as Zucchini Oatmeal (or #Zoats), so there is no need to feel guilty eating these for breakfast!
If you like things sweeter, or like to add maple syrup to your oatmeal, feel free to add it to these muffins as well. I personally love how they taste without the added sweetness, but its all personal preference!
Another option for a touch of sweetness... COCONUT BUTTER!
Daaaaang, its so good. And after I topped these muffins and put them back in the fridge, the coconut butter hardened, which reminded me of the frosting on cinnamon rolls. Only better. I used homemade Coconut Butter which is the simplest thing to make, but you can also buy it in most grocery stores!
Remember to store these in the fridge to consume within a week, or store in the freezer for a couple months if you won't be eating them right away! (Though I somehow doubt that's true!)
- 1 - 2 medium zucchini
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp Flax, 3 Tbsp warm water)
- ½ C Almond milk
- ½ C Almond butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, or fresh lemon
- Generous dash of cinnamon
- 1 C Oat Flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- Oven to 350 degrees and grease/line a muffin tin. Make Flax egg and set in fridge to set for 5 - 10 min.
- Shred the zucchini over a towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Combine zucchini and all wet ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- OPTIONAL: Fold in any add-ins, should you wish to add anything. (I.e. choppped walnuts, cacao nibs, raisins, coconut shreds).
- Bake in oven for 20 - 23 min. Check that a toothpick/fork inserted comes out clean. Let muffins cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Store in fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for longer.