This Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bread is a perfect spring snack, or breakfast-on-the-go, with a base of oat flour, and wonderful lemon and blueberry flavor. Simply delicious and not too sweet!
Plus its gluten free, dairy free & sugar free!
When life gives you lemons, *squeeze* the day and make this lemon blueberry bread!
I’m so excited to finally share this recipe! I’ve been teasing it on Instagram (@thegranoladiaries) and getting TONS of comment asking me to post it. So here it is!
Update: I am seeing daily new posts and stories from you all, making and loving this bread! I think this is my most re-made bread on the ‘gram. If you make it, be sure to post and tag me!
I debated calling this a “loaf” or “bread” or “cake” even, but ultimately decided on “breakfast bread”. I decided the breakfast part is important to emphasize that the ingredients are all nutritious, filling, and won’t cause a sugar crash (sweetened with just a touch of honey)!
With a base of oat flour, this bread is *almost* equivalent to a nutritious bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Except the lemon and blueberry make it feel a lot more springy than a bowl of wintery oatmeal!
Ingredients in Healthy Blueberry Lemon Bread
The ingredients in this deliciously healthy recipe are all super simple pantry staples, and you can even use frozen blueberries. So there is a good chance you can make this right. now. (GO!!!!)
You will need:
Oats or Oat Flour
Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
Eggs (or Flax Eggs)
& A pinch of salt!
Sugar Free Frosting
As a completely optional step, you can add a simple, one ingredient Sugar Free Frosting to the top of your Healthy Lemon Loaf.
All you need: Coconut Butter!
Not to be confused with Coconut Oil, Coconut Butter is like Peanut Butter but from Coconuts. It solidifies when its cold, and liquefies in warmer temperatures. If yours is liquid, you can simply pour it on top. If you are in a cold house, you may need to heat it up or you can mix it up with some warm water to get a good consistency.
If you don’t have any Coconut Butter on hand, here is some you can buy online.
Warning: Coconut Butter does taste like Coconuts. If you don’t like Coconuts, you probably will not like this topping idea!
The inspiration for this loaf came from a recipe posted on Pinch of Yum posted the other week — you can find that here.
BUT, Lindsay insisted that white sugar was the best/only way to sweeten this Blueberry Lemon Bread. Challenge accepted.
While I am sure The Pinch of Yum recipe is super delicious, I set out to make a gluten free and refined-sugar free lemon blueberry bread, so I could eat the loaf for breakfast, without a sugar crash at 10am.
And so now you can have this loaf for breakfast, and Lindsay’s for dessert. Win win!
Healthy Oat Flour Recipes
If you enjoy having oat flour-based baked goods for breakfast (holla!), these are some other great options: my famous Healthified Carrot Cake,
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal,
5 ingredient blender banana bread,
or go crazy with some Chocolate Banana Bread.
- 1/3 C Coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 – 4 Tbsp honey (more = sweeter)
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1/3 C Almond Milk (can sub regular milk)
- 1.5 C Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ~ 1 C Frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf tin with parchment or grease with coconut oil.
- Whisk coconut oil, honey, eggs, and juice of 1 lemon in a bowl.
- Fold in oat flour, baking powder, pinch of salt, and almond milk and stir until just combined. Lastly, fold in blueberries very gently.
- Transfer to loaf pan, top with a couple extra blueberries, and bake for 38 – 40 minutes! Allow loaf to cool and then slice and enjoy! Store in fridge or free
- SHOW ME YOUR CREATIONS on Instagram and Facebook using #TheGranolaDiaries – and tag me @thegranoladiaries!
- I think this bread would also be delicious with raspberries!
- Top with melted coconut butter as a frosting, optional.
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 4 months.
- If you are baking for some with Celiac disease, ensure your Oat Flour is certified Gluten Free.
- For Muffins, reduce bake time by about half, checking until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Pin this recipe for later!
NOTE: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON AFFILIATE, I EARN FROM PURCHASES YOU MAY MAKE, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. I NEVER RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I DO NOT FULLY STAND BEHIND. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING THE GRANOLA DIARIES!