This Vegan Baked Oatmeal is a perfect made ahead breakfast. It’s filling, comforting, nutririous, easy to make, and delicious.
Have fun with toppings, make some Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal. Its like eating dessert for breakfast!
Check out more delicious and healthy breakfast recipes!
The perfect make ahead breakfast or snack!
Banana Bread Vegan Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Flax seeds (can sub Chia)
- 2.5 Medium ripe bananas (or 2 large), plus 1/2 for topping
- 3/4 C Almond milk
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Oats*
- 1 Cup Oat Flour**
- 1/4 C unsweetened desiccated coconut (optional, for my coconut-hating fam members!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional add-ins: chopped walnuts, almonds, pepitas, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, nut butter drizzle (highly recommend!)
*Use certified Gluten-free if necessary
**Simply grind oats in your blender or food processor until resembles a flour.
- Oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch cake pan or skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Make flax eggs: mix 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp warm water. Stir and let sit in fridge for 10 minutes while you prep.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with the back of your fork until you get liquid-y texture.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, and flax egg (once ready), and whisk.
- Now add oats, oat flour, cinnamon, coconut and baking powder on top. Try to give the dry ingredients a mix with each other before folding into the banana mixture. Fold in any other add-ins of your choice
- Pour batter into pan, top with additional banana slices and toppings of your choice, and bake for 30 – 35 min, depending how “mushy” you like it.