This Healthy Blender Banana Bread is my most made recipe on the blog! It has all the aspects of a perfect recipe: easy to make, only one bowl/blender required, 5 ingredients, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, nut free, oil free... need I continue?
Oh, and the best part of it all?! It is so delicious, you would never guess how healthy and allergen-friendly it is!
Are you a Pumpkin lover? I also have a recipe for a PUMPKIN Banana Bread on the blog!
The $h!t is bananas. Actually, its THIS banana bread, to be exact! For anyone who is intimidated by either healthy baking or making banana bread at all, this is the perfect recipe for you to try!
It is only 5 simple ingredients, which you probably already have in your pantry. If you are missing anything, there are many allowable substitutions as well.
Also, while I love adding chocolate chips to this banana bread, you can customize it with any mix-ins of your choice. Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins or rolled oats would all be delicious as well!
Another incredible part of this recipe? You can also make the entire loaf in a blender – so you don’t need to worry about mixing, or owning a fancy Kitchenaid mixer. I use this simple and pretty cheap blender I got off Amazon, no need for a fancy blender either.
Make Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Its very easy to make this recipe for Banana Bread into Banana Muffins - simply pour batter into a standard or mini muffin tin, and adjust baking time.
I personally love making this into Mini Banana Muffins using my mini muffin tin. They make a perfect 2 bite snack, for when you are craving something sweet or carb-y, but aren't quite hungry enough for a big slice of Banana Bread.
For Mini Muffins, I would bake at 350 for 10 min, checking every 2 min after that, until the edges are golden and the center is not jiggly.
For standard Muffins, I would bake at 350 for 18 minutes, checking every 2 minutes.
Pro tip: Use a silicone muffin tray, as popping the muffins out of them is super easy, no stick and no mess! Here is a link for one you can order online.
5 Ingredient Banana Bread
Bananas. The browner, the sweeter, the better! Don't be afraid of super ripe, almost liquid-y, almost black bananas - those are my favorite to bake with!
Rolled Oats. This creates the Gluten Free Oat Flour. You can sub in any flour of your choice here, but I love the texture of Oat Flour, and how easy it is!
Maple Syrup. Just a touch of maple syrup makes this naturally sweetened banana bread! If you are strictly low sugar, you may omit this, but its such treat! You can sub with Honey or Agave.
Eggs. Eggs help with binding and keeping the loaf together. For a Vegan option, you can use your favorite Vegan Egg replacer.
Baking Soda. This helps the loaf rise and not get too dense. Oats and bananas are very dense and heavy ingredients, so they need help to rise a bit! Do not omit, or you will be left with a dense, heavy loaf.
Follow me on Social!
Don’t forget to tag me @thegranoladiaries and use #thegranoladiaries in your recipe creations – I love seeing you make my recipes!
- 2 Cups Rolled oats (use certified GF if necessary)
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 3.5 Medium, ripe & spotty bananas. (Or 2.5 large)
- 3 – 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Optional enhancements: Dash of salt, cinnamon, chocolate chips, walnuts, cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Blend oats and baking soda in blender until flour-like consistency achieved. Set aside in a bowl.OPTIONAL (Recommended): Add a dash of salt and cinnamon to your oat flour and mix in.
- Add to blender: 3 Medium (or 2 large) bananas, 2 eggs, and Maple syrup, to your desired sweetness. Blend until everything is combined.
- To combine the wet and the dry, either:
Pour the oat flour back into the blender and blend again, until everything is combined.
Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with oat flour and give it a mix with your hands.
- If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips, stir them in. Pour your batter into your loaf pan.
- Take the remaining ½ banana and slice lengthwise, place on top of the bread.
- Bake for 23 – 25 minutes, until knife/toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You don't need to use a blender, you can also use a bowl and some elbow grease!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.