This biscotti sure ain’t naughty. Ha, ha…
Seriously though, it’s almost all ALMONDS, which are a known superfood. Plus some wet ingredients to bind it all together, and drizzled with some chocolate, for the anti-oxidants of course.
These are the perfect breakfast, mid-morning snack, dessert, coffee companion, etc.
I was craving biscotti for so long before I finally just decided to try something and see how they turned out, and they did not disappoint. Plus, they are SO easy I couldn’t belive it!
Simply bake the “rectangle log”, let it cool slightly, cut into strips, and bake again!
Also, the chocolate drizzle is amazing and very photogenic, but if chocolate’s not your thing or you simply don’t feel like cleaning up, these are perfectly delicious without too!
PALEO ALMOND BISCOTTI
By The Granola Diaries
- 2 Cup Almond
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 C Honey
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp each almonds, chcoolate chips
- Combine almonds in food processor until reach flour like consistency. Stir in baking powder
- In a seperate bowl, mix the wet ingredeints. Add the almond mixture bit by bit, folding everything together with a silicone spatula.
- Mixture should be very thick and sticky. Form into a rectangle shape, about 1/2 high on a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 – 15 minutes. THIS IS IMPORTANT. If they are still warm, they won’t hold their shape when you cut them. Lower the oven to 300 degrees.
- After they are cool enough, cut carefully and slowly into long biscottis. Use a long sharp knife. Gently place them side down on the baking sheet, and back in the oven for 12 – 13 minutes. Then, remove, flip, and bake for another 10 – 12 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Remove and let the biscotti cool completely to crisp up. Melt a few squares of sugar-free baking chocolate and 1 tsp. coconut oil in the microwave, and drizzle on top. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for ~1 week or the freezer for a few months!