Ginger bread, ginger bread, GINGER ALL THE WAYYYY!
These Ginger Molasses Cookies are SO. GOOD. Soft, chewy, sweet, spicy, and so warming! They taste like a warm hug. And they are packed with nutrient dense foods, so you can eat multiple without feeling terrible afterwards!
Another plus: these cookies are super allergen-friendly, so you can serve them to a big crowd if you are trying to accommodate lots of dietary needs. They are:
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
- Dairy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
And they are made from very few, simple ingredients. Like all of my recipes! I love to show that BAKING, especially “HEALTHY” baking, DOES NOT need to be difficult! I know lots of people out there claim they “can’t cook/bake”, but this recipe is seriously foolproof. It has so few ingredients, and even if some ratios are slightly off, they will still work out 99% of the time.
For other foolproof recipes, check out my 5-ingredient blender banana bread, the easiest single serve brownies ever, or this fudgy chocolate pumpkin loaf. They are all refined sugar free, gluten free, and less than 6 ingredients!
Back to these cookies and the BEST PART of all: They taste AMAZING! It took me a few tries to get this recipe as is, but the final outcome is amazing! I think it’s my favorite ever, besides my Carrot Cake of course.
Paleo Ginger Molasses Cookies
By The Granola Diaries
Ingredients: (Makes about 8 – 9 cookies)
- 1/4 C Coconut oil, at room temperature (soft, but not liquid)
- 1/4 C Coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Molasses (or Blackstrap Molasses, or Date Molasses)
- 1/3 C Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- For rolling: 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar + 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix coconut oil and coconut sugar until combined, like a paste.
- Add in egg and molasses and mix to combine.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and fold together until combined.
- Take about 1 Tbsp of dough, roll into a ball, and roll in mixture of coconut flour and sugar. Place on baking sheet and gently press down with your fingers. T
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Let cool completely.