You need to CHAI this new recipe for Chai Spice Pumpkin Bread!
Healthy Chai Spice Pumpkin Bread is the perfect Fall snack, and the sugar-free Chai Icing is absolutely delicious! Gluten free & vegan friendly.
This recipe combines 3 of the best things: Pumpkin Bread, Banana Bread, and Chai Spice!
Also, healthy sugar-free CHAI icing!!! It’s *literally* the icing on the cake.
The Chai frosting is made from just 2 simple ingredients: Coconut Butter and Chai Tea/Milk. You can add some maple syrup or a touch of Coconut sugar if you want to sweeten things up even more, but I find it perfect without!
If you don’t have any Coconut Butter on hand, you can make your own with just some shredded coconut and a food processor – check out this tutorial from The Kitchn.
If you love Chai, check out these Dirty Chai Latte muffins with a Coffee glaze – that would also make a great frosting option for this loaf, if you’re not feeling the Coconut Chai!
If you love pumpkin, check out these pumpkin recipes:
Pin this recipe for later:
- 1/3 Cup Chai Almond Milk, (Or Chai Tea)
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 eggs, Use Flax Eggs for Vegan
- 1 Spotty Banana, Browner the better!
- 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Add more if you like it sweeter
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon / chai spice mix
- Pinch Salt
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Chai Almond Milk, (Part of the Wet Ingredients)
Chai Almond Milk
- 1 Cup almond milk, (Or water)
- 5 Chai Tea Bags
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Optional
- Make the Chai Tea: Heat 1C Almond Milk over the stove and dump in 5 Chai Tea bags (the entire content). Simmer over low-medium heat, anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool. (Alternative: make 1 really strong cup of Chai Tea with hot water). Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan.
- Once the Chai mixture has cooled, mix your wet ingredients together in a bowl, only using 1/3 C of the Chai tea mixture.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 - 55 minutes.
- Make the frosting! In a small pot over medium heat, add Coconut Butter and Chai Tea mixture, and maple syrup, if desired. Stir slowly, until a frosting-like consistency is achieved. Taste, and add more Chai or Coconut, to your desired preferences. Once the loaf is cooled, frost it, slice, and enjoy with a Chai Latte!