On my Instagram, a bunch of you asked for this recipe before the New Year so you could make it for NYE. So, I've rushed to get this post up, and now it's here with a couple days to spare! So you can run out to the grocery store and get what you need and ring 2018 the right way. Aka: with a melty, gooey, delicious cookie skillet. Which is also LOW SUGAR, so you don't start off 2018 with a Sugar Hangover.
The ingredients are SUPER SIMPLE, so you may not even need to run to a grocery store. You'll just need eggs, maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil (or butter), vanilla, chocolate, raspberries, and almond flour (or if you have almonds, just grind them up!) All classic pantry staples that you probably have on hand!
I want to start this post by mentioning that this recipe is 100% inspired by Bakerita. She is a cookie skillet and dessert photography MASTER! Seriously, all her creations make me drool, even if it's a dessert I don't particularly like. Gotta give her so much credit...
That said, I did tweak her recipe for this cookie skillet quite a bit to fit my own preferences and what I happened to have on hand when I made it. One major change was subbing maple syrup instead of coconut sugar. I know they are both natural lower GI sweeteners, but I find Maple Syrup has more health benefits than Coconut Sugar, so opt to use that when I can. Like here, and here, and here. Adding raspberries to a cookie though?! Genius idea.
I also used blanched almond flour, but I believe any nut flour would work here, perhaps even oat flour. These peppermint chocolate cookies can be made with either oat or almond flour (or both!), so the same logic *should* apply to this skillet...
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Skillet with Raspberries
By The Granola Diaires
- ¼ C Coconut Oil, at room temp
- ¼ C Maple syrup
- 1 Egg yolk (+ 1 extra full egg if you like fluffier cookies, leave out for a denser cookie)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Dash of sea salt and dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Big handful dark chocolate chunks
- ~ 1 /3 C Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease/line an 8" cake tin or skillet.
- Whisk the maple syrup and coconut oil with a fork until combined. Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add Almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon (if using), and stir to combine. Do not overstir! If mixture seems too dry/crumbly, add almond milk, ½ Tbsp at a time, until all combined.
- Fold in raspberries and chocolate chunks. Use your hands to press mixture into baking dish and flatten on top. Press some extra raspberries and chocolate chunks onto the top.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Then, broil for 1 - 2 minutes to firm up the top. Enjoy immediately with some ice cream, or let cool and store in the fridge for later. HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!
- Don’t forget to show some love, tag me and use #TheGranolaDiaries in your recipe recreations! Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more delicious and nutritious recipes!
Pin the recipe for later!