This is very similar and adapted from my 5-Ingredient Blender Banana Bread, but I wanted to make a larger loaf (this one calls for a 9x5", that one only requires 8x4"), and completely omit the honey/maple syrup.
If you are looking for a chocolate-y banana bread, I would also recommend checking out my Chocolate Banana Bread, made chocolatey with anti-oxidant packed Cacao powder. It's totally refined sugar and gluten free!
HEALTHY OAT BANANA BREAD
By The Granola Diaries
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me in your recipe recreations with #thegranoladiaries!
- 2.5 Cup oats, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon & salt
- 4 Large Ripe Bananas, plus 1 for topping if desired
- 3 Eggs (or flax eggs, or 2 eggs + 1 flax egg)
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree, (optional, or mash a bit more banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- Walnuts, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds
- Oven to 350 and grease a 9x5" loaf pan
- Blend 2 Cups oats and other dry ingredients in blender, set aside in bowl. Stir in remaining ½ cup of oats.
- Blend eggs (if using) and bananas until combined. Set aside in bowl, stir in pumpkin puree and flax eggs (if using).
- Pour dry mixture slowly into wet mixture. Stop to mix everything about ⅓ of the way. Finally, fold in any mix-ins you want to use.
- Pour into loaf pan, top with lengthwise sliced bananas for nice presentation, if desired. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.