There’s delicious chocolate treats, there’s banana bread, and then there’s Chocolate Banana Bread. Probably my 2 favorite treats combined.
The base of this bread is flourless, using a combination of Almond Flour and Oat Flour. I often just use oat flour to keep ingredients minimal, simple, and inexpensive, but felt like adding a bit more texture to this loaf. Feel free to play around with the ratio of Oat Flour to Almond Flour, as long as the total is 1 1/3 Cups.
For wet ingredients, I also added a bit of Greek Yogurt. I find this compliments the richness of the chocolate, and also adds a ton of protein and probiotics! I loved adding it in my healthy carrot cake for extra moistness in that recipe too. For a dairy free option, another egg would probably suffice as a substitution or perhaps some pumpkin puree! Mmm, pumpkin everything…
While not quite as few as my Paleo Banana Loaf, the ingredients here are still minimal: Bananas, Greek Yogurt, Egg, Almond milk, Oat flour, almond flour, cocoa powder – that’s only 7 ingredients! And, it only uses 1 bowl! Plus, some baking enhancers like vanilla and baking powder of course, but we don’t count those.
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
By The Granola Diaries
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 – 1/3 C Plain Greek Yogurt (2% or Full Fat is best)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 C Almond Milk
- 1 C Oat Flour
- 1/3 C Almond Flour
- 1/2 C Cocoa or Cacao powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- Chocolate chips
- Oven to 350 and grease an 8×5″ loaf tin.
- Mash banana in a bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Add all dry ingredients in bowl and mix until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips at end.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 32 – 36 minutes, depending how “mushy” you like the inside (less time = more mushy).
- Enjoy! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and Facebook and use #thegranoladiaries in your recipe recreation posts!