Pin this recipe for Healthy Chicken Salad for later!
You will want to bookmark this recipe for the best ever Healthy Chicken Salad! This recipe is so easy, versatile, delicious, and healthy. Its also perfect for meal prep, pot lucks, picnics, or just to have something to snack on!
This healthy chicken salad has the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and a bit of crunch. The chicken salad is naturally gluten free and made without mayo, but uses Greek Yogurt to make it creamy, tangy, and add an extra boost of protein.
Dried cranberries and diced apple pieces give the chicken salad some natural sweetness, without adding added sugars. If you prefer a more savory, not-sweet-at-all chicken salad, you can leave them out; maybe try adding some pumpkin or sunflower seeds instead! I love these pepitas.
The recipe is also super customizable, for all tastes and picky eaters…
- Chicken – for a vegan/vegetarian “chicken salad”, try using thin slices of tofu, smashed chickpeas!
- Dried Cranberries – some sweet subs include raisins, chopped dates, or currants!
- Sliced Almonds – any sliced nut or seed would be great here. I personally love adding these pumpkin seeds.
- Diced Apples – any fresh fruit could work here! Sliced pear, apricot, or perhaps even some orange slices if you are really feeling adventerous.
- Greek Yogurt – This is used in place of the more traditional Chicken Salad ingredient, mayo. You can feel free to still use mayo, or vegan yogurt (like this almond milk “yogurt”) for a vegan option.
This Healthy Chicken Salad is a great picnic recipe, as we approach summer picnic time! Check out these other great picnic recipes on The Granola Diaries