I always see people *dreading* Passover; they complain there is nothing to eat, and Matzah tastes like cardboard. I totally agree with the latter - it does taste pretty bland, but there are so many more options! If you simply take Matzah out of the equation, you can get creative with delicious recipes that are both Matzah-less and Chametz-less!
Without even realizing it, some of my favorite recipes of all time are also Kosher for Passover. These range from health-ified Nachos, to crepes, to granola.
Here are some of my favorites for you to try:
- Sweet Potato Nachos - These are a crazy delicious & healthy alternative to Nachos year round, and they become a staple over Passover. You can omit the beans if you refrain from legumes.
- Turkey Chia Seed Meatballs - Instead of binding these meatballs with breadcrumbs, magical CHIA seeds work their gelling magic to both bind these, and add a ton of Omega-3s and healthy fats.
- Single Serving Crepe - This recipe is TOO good! Throw 4 pantry ingrediants into a blender, heat over a pan, and viola! You can make this crepe sweet or savory, depending on your mood.
- Grain-free Granola - I don't know about you, but granola is one of my all-time favorite foods (hence the name of the blog!). Don't let Passover stop you from following your dream: try this grain-free granola instead, so delicious you won't even notice the missing oats!
- Carrot Ginger Soup - When you need something warm, because its still so cold in April. Add a Matzah ball to this one for bonus Passover points!
- BREAD - ...but it's not really "bread", technically speaking. It's also gluten-free, paleo, and dairy-free. And it's SUPER simple.
Lastly, this isn't one of my original recipes, but I love making it all the time - a Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie from Rachael's Good Eats! This thing is DELICIOUS, and I just realized its Kosher for Passover too!