This delicious Summer Raspberry Cake recipe makes for a refreshing and light snack or dessert. It is gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, and packs some extra protein and fiber!
In the post, I have suggestions for alterations to make it a Raspberry Lemon Cake, Raspberry Almond Cake, or Raspberry Coffee Cake!
About this recipe
This is not a traditional layer cake with frosting and the whole nine yards, its more like a Raspberry Snack Cake. And its gluten free, grain free, and refined sugar free.
Its a perfect cake for summer time picnics, because you can pre-slice it, eat it with your hands, and pack it up easily.
While gluten free, the cake is definitely not dense like other GF cakes. It is actually quite light, very moist, and doesn’t feel so heavy.
Raspberries – because its a raspberry cake!
Maple syrup – adds some delicious sweetness, while keeping the cake gluten free.
Eggs – act as a binder.
Greek yogurt – keeps the cake incredibly moist and adds a boost of protein.
Almond Flour and Coconut Flour – create a gluten free and grain free cake-like texture!
Lemon Zest – brings out the raspberry flavor and makes the cake extra refreshing and summer-y.
Raspberry Almond Cake
This recipe is really a basic healthy raspberry cake, but you can easily customize it to make it have more of an almond flavor as well. The base is already Almond Flour, so you just need to add 2 more ingredients to make the Almond flavor pop!
To turn this Raspberry Cake into Raspberry Almond Cake, you need to add 2 things:
1. Add 1 tsp of Almond Extract to the wet ingredients.
2. Add 1/4 – 1/2 Cup of thinly sliced or slivered almonds on top before baking.
Make it Lemon Raspberry: Add the zest and juice of 1 whole lemon.
Make if a Loaf Cake: Bake it in a Loaf Pan. You may need to bake for longer, since it will be thicker. Check on it at 35 minutes; if the top is not browning, add 5 minutes at a time and keep checking!
Make it a Blueberry Snacking Cake: Replace the raspberries with fresh blueberries! Or any berry!
Add some Streusal to make it like a Coffee Cake. Use my streusal recipe from my Blueberry Buckle. Simply sprinkle it on top before baking – it is so good!!!
Add white chocolate chips. A healthy & gluten free white chocolate raspberry snacking cake sounds too good to be true! Delicious!
Raspberry Yogurt Cake. The cake is already made with Greek Yogurt, but adding a dollop on too is a really delicious way to enjoy it!
Pin this recipe for later!
More Healthy Recipes Using Fresh Berries
Did you make this recipe? Leave a Star Rating or post on Instagram and tag me @thegranoladiaries – I always repost!
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar or Coconut Sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a square or round 8" or 9" cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together until there are no more clumps. Add in dry ingredients and gently fold together. Lastly, add the raspberries, gently folding in so as not to break them. Reserve a few raspberries for the top.
- Pour batter into your greased cake pan. Top with raspberry halves and a sprinkle of sugar, if desired. Bake for 30 - 34 minutes.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy! Goes great with from fresh whipping cream, a dollop of yogurt, or on its own!
To make the cake Dairy Free, use a Plant Based yogurt in place of the Greek Yogurt.
Next up, you need to try this Healthy Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Cookie Skillet. Its delicious!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g
Note: This post contains Affiliate Links, which means I may make a small commission off items you buy via my links, at no difference in cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Granola Diaries!