This is the most decadent, delicious, massive Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and its super easy!
Welp... while these are not gluten free nor dairy free nor refined sugar free, so they kind of go against the rules of this blog, they are just so easy, delicious, and scrumptious... I coudn't help myself .
For Allergen-friendly cookies, check these out:
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
Gluten Free Cookie Skillet
This recipe makes 8 GIANT cookies. If you really want, you can make them a tad smaller to get a dozen.
I wanted to make them massive like the Levain Bakery cookies.
I searched for Copycat Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies, but found most of the recipes used Cake Flours. I like to use simple ingredients that I usually have on hand, which meant No Cake Flour! I used a basic All Purpose Flour here, and I suspect any 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour would work too.
If you like your cookies on the underdone side, like in the above photo, bake for 10 minutes.
If you like them a little more firm, bake for 12 minutes.
Either way, you will need to let them COOL for at least 10 minutes. These Cookies are huge and need a few minutes to solidify after baking!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a rating and a comment! Post a photo and tag me on Instagram too @TheGranolaDiaries!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
- ¾ Cup Cane Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (or Coconut Sugar)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Walnuts
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Microwave 2 sticks of butter for 1 minute, to let them soften and come to room temperature, but not melt.
- Add the butter and both sugars to a large bowl and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Use a silicone spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and beat on low for 1 minute to incorporate. Mixture will be thick.
- Use a silicone spatula or wooden spoon to fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Use your hands to shape into 8 massive cookies. You want to keep the shape a little rugged, not like a perfect ball - that's how you will achieve the rustic bakery style look. Cover the dough balls with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 and bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will spread large, leave a few inches between each ball of dough.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
1 Cookie is 2 servings