These are the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers. They are super easy and made from simple ingredients; you can stash a batch in the freezer to have one ready any time those PB Cup cravings hit!
With no added sweetener or sugar, these do have a bitter taste. If you are a dark chocolate lover, these should be perfect. If you have a sweeter chocolate tooth, feel free to toy with adding some Maple Syrup to the chocolate mixture – I am sure that would be delicious!
Feel free to customize with any nut butters of your choice. I have tried with Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, and Coconut Peanut Butter. All have been amazing!
You will need:
- 2/3 C Coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 C Raw Cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Nut butter of choice
- Silicone mini muffin tray, silicone ice tray, or mini muffin tray
- Combine coconut oil, cacao powder and vanilla until combined and all clumps are dissolved. Using only half the mixture, scoop ~1/2 Tbsp into silicone muffin tray and pop in freezer.
- Meanwhile, scoop some nut butter of your choice into a bowl and mix it up very well, so that is not too runny. (Note I find older nut butters work a bit better, when they are not as runny as a fresh jar.)
- Remove tray from freezer, roll nut butter into little balls and place on top of chocolate. Gently flatten with your fingers. Pop back in freezer.
- After 5 – 10 minutes, removed from freezer and top cups with remaining chocolate mixture. Pop back in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram for more delicious recipes and tag me in your recreations! #granoladiaries