This is very similar and adapted from my 5-Ingredient Blender Banana Bread, but I wanted to make a larger loaf (this one calls for a 9×5″, that one only requires 8×4″), and completely omit the honey/maple syrup.
If you are looking for a chocolate-y banana bread, I would also recommend checking out my Chocolate Banana Bread, made chocolatey with anti-oxidant packed Cacao powder. It’s totally refined sugar and gluten free!
HEALTHY OAT BANANA BREAD
By The Granola Diaries
- 2.5 Cup oats, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon & salt
- 4 Large Ripe Bananas, plus 1 for topping if desired
- 3 Eggs (or flax eggs, or 2 eggs + 1 flax egg)
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree, (optional, or mash a bit more banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- Walnuts, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds
- Oven to 350 and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan
- Blend 2 Cups oats and other dry ingredients in blender, set aside in bowl. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of oats.
- Blend eggs (if using) and bananas until combined. Set aside in bowl, stir in pumpkin puree and flax eggs (if using).
- Pour dry mixture slowly into wet mixture. Stop to mix everything about 1/3 of the way. Finally, fold in any mix-ins you want to use.
- Pour into loaf pan, top with lengthwise sliced bananas for nice presentation, if desired. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.