This Dairy Free Pumpkin French Toast recipe is perfect for a crisp, Fall weekend morning! It’s made with real Pumpkin, which has a ton of nutrients, and other superfoods like eggs and cinnamon. It almost tastes like Pumpkin Pie even – but don’t worry, you won’t have any sugar crash after eating this delicious and healthy breakfast!
Today’s Recipe is a Two-For-One!
Today’s post is sure to get you in the Holiday Spirit! We’ve got:
- An amazing Holiday-inspired PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST recipe that is both Dairy Free and Delicious!
- An amazing Holiday Gift Guide, with all my favorite things / wish list items, if you’re looking ideas for anyone, or for treating yo’self.
Dairy Free Pumpkin French Toast
This Pumpkin French Toast is great for a variety of reasons, including: you can bake it in an oven, it’s made with REAL pumpkin puree (like these vegan muffins), it’s made with SOURDOUGH bread, and it’s just so moist and delicious and tastes so yummy.
You don’t *have* to make this recipe with Sourdough bread, but I really highly recommend it.
The sourness of the bread and the sweetness of the pumpkin create a really wonderful flavor.
Plus it’s the (second) best bread of all time anyways, sour-duhhh.
French Toast… In an Oven?
Back to that part where I said, “you can bake it in an oven”… you read that right!
In my most humble opinion, the worst part about making French Toast (or even fluffy pancakes, for that matter), is only being able to cook a few portions at a time; the first ones get cold and the last ones get burnt because the pan is so hot! Can’t win!!!
Or is it just me?
Come on, it can’t be jus me!
So, I tried to bake multiple pieces of Pumpkin French Toast at once for this recipe.
Using a broiler tray to bake these in an oven was pretty genius, if I do say so ma’self. You can cook them all at the same time (well, as much as your broiler pan can handle!), and ensure that no toast is burnt!
Not sure how well this method would work with pancakes though. But I digress…
Holiday Gift Guide – Kitchen Edition 2018
In addition to this gift of this amazing Pumpkin French Toast recipe and pro tip to make French Toast in an oven, I have ALSO created this Gift Guide with 10 fun and (mostly) functional kitchen appliances for gifts you can buy for yourself and your loved ones, who love having fun in the kitchen!
2020 Note: I have revisited this Gift Guide, and I still either love or want everything on it. So its safe to say these are not gifts that will wear out or lose their novelty overtime!
All products are linked to where you can buy them online. Note I may earn a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no cost to you. This is how I can keep The Granola Diaries running and provide you with these free delicious recipes – so I appreciate your support & understanding!
- Instant Pot – I assume this is on every Gift Guide this year and doesn’t really need an explanation. (Although, if you do: Chicken Soup. or Chicken Tacos.)
- Electric Wine Bottle Opener – Less than $20 and so sleek. A total steal!
- Egg Cooker – for Hard Boiled, Poached, Scrambled, Omelets, Steamed Vegetables, Seafood, Dumplings & More!
- A gorgeous Mortar & Pestle– For the best Homemade Pesto. Get it engraved to make a really special gift.
- Le Creuset French Press– Comes in so many colors and is absolutely gorgeous. (I love the Truffle color!)
- Blow Torch – Put marshmellows on top of anything, torch them, and then call it “S’mores _____” (S’mores Cinnamon Rolls? S’more French Toast? S’mores Banana Bread? S’mores Brownies?)
- 4-Pack Cocktail Glasses– A perfect Housewarming gift.
- A fancy Pie Dish– Perfect for serving your favorite Holiday pie! *hint hint*
- Sous Vide Precision Cooker– Not gonna lie, I haven’t tried using a Sous Vide yet myself, but this comes highly recommended from friends and colleagues (mostly meat lovers).
- Air Fryer -Last but certainly not least, (actually, most!), an Air Fryer!!!
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to leave a comment on the blog! Better yet, take a photo and tag me on Instagram @thegranoladiaries – I always repost your creations and love connecting with you there!